Batteries Draining Down 1985 PACE ARROW MOTORHOME

Old 07-01-11, 06:52 AM
Batteries Draining Down 1985 PACE ARROW MOTORHOME

My batteries drain down overnight without anything running. I have installed 3 new batteries and a new alternator. Even after being fully charged with battery chargers overnight the batteries drain down to dead without running the engine or turning anything on. I suspect a short somewhere but cannot find one. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-11, 01:15 PM
Group Moderator
How about installing a battery disconnect switch like this: Amazon.com: Moroso 74103 Battery Terminal Disconnect Switch: Automotive There are others available. This will just be a band-aid fix. You have something pulling current someplace. Maybe disconnect the fuses one at a time until the batteries hold their charge.

All the batteries are new and good?

Old 07-24-11, 09:33 AM
I had this trouble on my RV and found a heating element on the frig. that eliminated moisture around the doors. Turned it off and problem solved.

Old 07-26-11, 06:27 PM
I am going to assume that 2 batteries are for auxiliary and one for engine, and should have an isolator in the circuit to isolate engine from auxiliary batteries. Obviously that isn't working properly to begin with. Do you not have shut-off switches to disconnect batteries in the coach, or on dash?