door latch

Old 07-09-11, 04:29 PM
door latch

I have a 94 Dodge Dakota, the rod that goes to the latch, the end that connects to the latch, has come undone. There is no way to get to it, without taking the whole window out, am I right ?..., and how does the window come out? I'm PO'd, bought ready to break the glass cause I can see it thru the glass, just can't get to it, and if I did, it needs a new clip anyway. Now I've taken about everything except the window out, cause it won't, so far,... got the mechanism to raise and lower the window, layin in the bottom of the door, it won't come off, window is still not out. Loosened the track too, some other website told me that's all I'd have to do. I just simply want to put a new clip on a dang rod, how do I do it ?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-11, 05:45 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It could be as simple as raising the window. Have you tried that, yet?

Old 07-10-11, 03:28 AM
Oh heck ya, had the window up, down, every which way ! How does the latch come off ?

Old 07-10-11, 09:34 AM
I'm looking at it again today and from what I'm seeing, either the latch has to come off, or the window has to come out, so I can see the latch, and I can get at it, barely, from the top. How does the latch come off ? Is there a special wrench I have to buy ? It looks like it's held on by a very stiff clip, and some kind of hexagon thing, may be plastic. Does it turn ?

Old 07-11-11, 05:15 PM
Got the latch off, but to get it back on, and all rods hooked up properly, I believe the window has to come out. How does the window come out ?

Old 07-11-11, 06:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hard to understand the window thingy. If it is up all the way, there is no glass that protrudes below the sill of the door. Are you talking about the gear system and levers that raise the window, by chance?

Old 07-12-11, 04:36 PM
There's about 4 to 6 inches of window that sticks down below the sill when it's rolled all the way up, covers the lock, up or down. I got the window loose and laying in the bottom now, got to get the window out now, in order to get it back together right !
How does the window come out ?