1995 model 6162 Norcold refer

Old 08-03-11, 11:44 AM
1995 model 6162 Norcold refer

Won't work on AC or LP. Just stopped working while plugged into 110v and when we try to move it to gas it just clicks and a red X displays on the panel. Checked fuses and all seem OK also is getting 12v and propane is full and getting to where it should be. Could this be the power supply board or some other common element that will not let the frigde work on AC or LP? There has to be a common element since it won't work on either gas or electric, right?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-11, 07:01 PM
Have you pulled the cover off control box where all connectors are at back to see if glass fuses under there are good?

Old 08-05-11, 11:15 AM
yes we did and all the fuses are working

Old 08-10-11, 04:47 PM
Does the display lights etc.,at top light up? ( i assume yes seeing how x after trying to light on propane)
Have someone stand outside by burner and someone turn it to propane and see if you hear it ticking or seeing it sparking , trying to ignite. If yes, check for 12 VDC going to gas valve solenoid, and let me know.

Old 08-11-11, 10:48 AM
Yes it clicks when trying to light by LP and yes there is 12v it doesn't now work on ac either....

Old 08-14-11, 07:26 AM
When you switch to hydro AC, the terminals on board that element are connected to ( J6 & J7 ) should show 120 VAC if fridge is calling for cool. If you have 120 VAC there, then replace the element you don't feel the element heating up. If you have 12 vdc to gas valve when calling for cool, check ground is good as well.
Check high humidity switch behind door as well for proper position, as they have been known to cause problems as well. When switched on in automatic mode, what happens? There is also a way of testing fridge cooling unit by wiring AC element direct, are you familiar with that? Wait for instructions if not.

Old 08-15-11, 09:47 AM
I believe when you put it on auto mode the check gas light comes on. I will have to go and check that again. The humidity switch is set to normal.