Idle goes up and down.......

Old 12-03-11, 02:36 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Idle goes up and down.......

I just put a brand new 5.4 motor in my 2002 Ford F-350. I started it up and can't keep the idle running smooth, it keeps going up and down, up and down. I can't figure out what the problem is, any ideas? Also this truck has been just sitting for over a year with 3/4's of a fuel tank, would this have anything to do with my problem? Thanks......

Old 12-04-11, 08:43 PM
E
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Just some thought starters. Can you confirm that all sensor connections were checked and confirmed? Did you also check the OBD2 diagnostics for any codes popping up? Are you certain that the software in the ECM in the truck now matches the engine you installed perfectly? There maybe some level of re-flash required. Was it a new Ford OEM stock motor or something else? I don't think that stale gas is behind this.

Old 01-01-12, 08:01 AM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well I tried everything, new IAC sensor, PCV, cleaned the Ram air sensor, new battery, nothing worked. I took it into the ford dealer and after $500.00 later they found out that I had a bad 02sensor and a bad injector, Truck runs great now, only thing is I have no money left to go anywhere. The 02sensor corrected the idle problem and the injector corrected the miss i was getting every so often. Just want to let you know in case anyone else ever posts an idle problem on here.... thanks....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: