84 S10 p/u fuel tank replacement

Old 01-06-12, 12:54 PM
84 S10 p/u fuel tank replacement

I found a garage that will replace my fuel tank (200 buck labor) as long a I get the tank. I know I need the tank what else do i need for them to do the job correctly.

On "rock auto" I see the following list related to the tank:
fuel fliter, Fuel Pump, Fuel Pump Gasket, Fuel Pump Strainer, Fuel Pump Tank Seal, Fuel Tank, Fuel Tank Cap, Fuel Tank Lock Ring, Fuel Tank Selector Valve, Related Parts, Fuel Tank Sending Unit, Fuel Tank Sending Unit Lock Ring, Fuel Tank Strap

any help would be grealty appreciated

JC

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-12, 05:15 PM
Group Moderator
At that age I think I would definitely replace the fuel pump while the tank's being done. Some of the items you can probably reuse, like the locking ring and if you've had no fuel gauge issues you can probably reuse the sender unit and unless you have a rust problem, the straps should be okay. You'll need a fresh strainer, that's just a pre-filter on the pump to keep from sucking large particles into the impeller. New pump might come with gaskets; when I replace my fuel pump on the wrecker, the box includes o-rings and seals. Best thing would be to ask the guy who's going to do the tank just to be sure.