transmission cooler line question ??

Old 02-02-12, 09:19 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
transmission cooler line question ??

the line going to the transmission cooler at the radiator (or either the one leaving) not quite sure which one is which, but one of them has started leaking tranny fluid at the joint where it connects. Its leaking steady drops if the truck is in gear after getting warmed up. Is this type of joint one that i can simply fix or have i got to take it somewhere to have it done. 2000 dodge 2500 4wd. thanks anyone

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-12, 03:30 PM
L
Once owned a 2006 Dodge Dakota with the same problem but it was still under warranty. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the heat exchanger at the radiator. Prior to taking it to the dealer, I tried to snug the plumbing at the heat exchanger with no success. I hope someone chimes in with some help since your vehicle is probably no longer under warranty. Good luck my friend.

Old 02-03-12, 05:46 PM
O
I finally figured out how to get that quick disconnect apart. I did'nt know you have to have a special tool just to do that. I dug the old o-ring out and installed a new one but it still leaks. Wondering if anyone else here has had this problem and how they fixed it. I called the dealer and he said they had the fix for it, which he said was a foot long hose to replace the pc from the radiator to the quick connect. He said it would cost 125.00 just for that 1 foot hose. hope someone else might have a solution for this so i can fix it myself.