94 chevy 1500

Old 05-26-12, 05:06 AM
94 chevy 1500

The problem I'm having is the head lights and now the dash lights are slow to come on. Last night it took over 2 miles before the dash lights came on. The head lights took to a count of 30 before they came on . Is there a relay for this that might be getting old. Also the dope light doesn't work, when you open the door or turn on the switch on the dash but they will work when you push the button on the light itself. Is there a conection between the three??? This truck is only used for hunting and now it's summer so it's time to work on it not when it's cold out.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-12, 12:21 PM
Check all the connections inside the battery junction box on the left side of the firewall first, but with at least the headlight and dashlight problem it sounds most likely that you need a new headlight switch assuming the vehicle starts up fine. The dome light could be another problem related to the light switch in the door jam I am guessing but also because of the likelihood of the headlamp switch itself being behind the main issues I would check that out first and either test it if you have a meter or just replace it. With an older truck like yours, and with it sitting around alot of the year, things will corrode especially when not regularly used.