94 chevy ac

Old 07-01-12, 06:23 AM
94 chevy ac

The ac is not blowing cold air like it used to. Is it easy to refill from the rattle cans. Do you know what refrigerant to use 134a ? Any brand better then others? Do I need to get the stuff with oil in it?? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-12, 05:50 AM
Hello gosserwb,

Your truck should have the 134 refrigerant, Any brand will work just fine. If the compressor isn't making any noise I wouldn't add more oil, Too much oil can cause cooling issues. One can add it with the single hose taps they sell.

BUT,

Without installing a gauge manifold set to both the suction and high side fittings and reading/knowing the proper pressures, There's no telling how low the system is and how much to install. Installing too much can cause less cooling and system component damage.

You may be better off in the long run to have a professional check your system and add the proper amount for maximum performance.....

Good Luck

Old 07-18-12, 09:46 PM
As 31YTech mentioned, a pro AC shop can diagnose problems better than guessing.

I had a 91 Camaro that stopped blowing cold air suddenly. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't figure out what was wrong after they had the car for two days! I took it to an old neighborhood radiator and AC shop and they had it fixed in two hours. It was a bad AC relay on the firewall.

Good luck.

Old 07-20-12, 08:49 PM
The problem is the clutch is not working.I will be looking under the hood this week end. there might be a relay gone bad.