cruise control not working?

Old 07-13-12, 04:38 AM
cruise control not working?

Hi all,

I have a 2003 Ford Explorer 4.0 ltr. V6 with 60,000 miles. It seems that the cruise control stopped working. Some of the time when I press the cruise on button the indicator light that the cruise is on comes on on the dash however, the cruise is not on as the speed drops. Sometimes when you press the cruise on the light on the dash flashes then stays off but no cruise. Sometimes when you press cruise the light flashes and you can feel the engine rpm fluctuate a bit, but still no cruise. Any idea what could be causing this. I can tell you we have had sporadic issues with the ABS light coming on when you accelerate rapidly and i have heard there is a switch on the master cylinder related to this and if the ABS light is on the cruise will not work. However, the ABS light is off when the cruise is not working and the ABS light hasn't been on in quite a while. I wonder if this switch has something to do with it. Thx

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-12, 06:20 AM
I would start by having the car scanned for errror codes. Most any parts store can do this.

Old 07-18-12, 06:54 AM
I will try and have scanned when I get a chance. All the parts stores I have contacted can scan for check engine codes only. The check engine light has never come on.