1999 S10 pickup buzzing

Old 08-11-12, 05:04 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
1999 S10 pickup buzzing

Well I fixed my dash odometer light issue but upon driving it I noticed it has a somewhat of a buzzing noise that sounds like its coming from the rear end. It makes the noise just idling so I do think its a gear issue but I want to make sure its also not something to do with the 4wd. Been trying to Google it but came up with nothing.
Thanks, the buzzing almost sounds electrical in nature, its so weird

Old 08-12-12, 03:07 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Have you considered it to be the fuel pump? I doubt it is gear related if it buzzes sitting still. It would be coming from the front part of the truck if it were 4wd related. I believe the S10 4wd is vacuum actuated, so "buzzing" may not be the term. Is your fuel pump in the tank or mounted on the rail as in after market? Does it buzz with the switch on engine off?

Old 08-13-12, 04:49 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Ive been doing a LOT of research and the fuel pump does seem like a common issue with these and the buzz/humm is a sign. the gas was on E so that could have been part of the noise as well. they say it will get louder the lower the gas/harder its working but im thinking of chaning the pump/relay anyway before i get stuck.

there are some noises and kinks im working out but hey its a 99 and i payed 2500 for it so what can i expect from it lol.

right now im also hearing a loud chugging when driving which i thought was an intake/exaust issue but now im wondering because it doesnt seem to chug if im in park and just revving the engine......

i would think if it was an air issue then it would do it in drive or park as long as the engine has gas going to it. he did install an aftermarket K&N filter in there but it doesnt sound like its there. it does sound like its coming frm the enging lower passenger side which is where the exaust manifold is.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: