97 nissan xe

Old 09-29-12, 10:01 AM
97 nissan xe

[B][/can you tell me how to take out the key switch?i'm just about sure i have to replace the whole cylinder.Also i have a wire harness hanging from the transmission and can't find where it goes can you show me a diagram of the transmission wiring.thanks any help would be appreciated.B]

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-12, 08:36 PM
Group Moderator
Both of those are pretty specialized stuff; it would be tough to come up with a definitive procedure on the switch. The hanging wire harness, does it have open connectors on it or is it simply a wire bundle hanging down?

Old 09-30-12, 09:38 PM
Yes it has an open connector hanging on the passenger side,looks like it's near the starter.i have ran my hand around the tranny but can't find anther connector it attaches to.

Old 10-01-12, 06:14 AM
Group Moderator
What kind of condition is the vehicle in? It sounds as though it isn't running or driving. Two possibilities for the open plug; (1) it's for optional equipment that isn't installed on the vehicle, or (2) there's a matching plug somewhere in the vicinity. If something is unplugged, it's only going to be within a few inches of where the plug is.