Getting a New (Used) truck this week! Nissan Frontier! Looking for Forum?

Old 11-13-12, 04:49 PM
Getting a New (Used) truck this week! Nissan Frontier! Looking for Forum?

So I am finally making the plunge and picking up a nice 2010 Nissan frontier From an old timer that cant drive it any more. I am interested in finding a nice forum to read up on some cap and rack alternatives and such.
Any ideas and advise suggestions welcomed!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-12, 04:58 PM
Group Moderator
Can't recommend another forum, but I do have a Leer 100XQ topper on my F-150, and wish that I would have ordered it with a ladder rack. I mistakenly thought that I could always add one later if I wanted one, but I guess the topper has to be ordered that way. (100RC or 180CC)

I like how they can match the body color of the truck to make it look factory. I only wanted a back window lid with mine... I was afraid that if I had side windows that I'd end up scratching the sides of the truck up.

Some of Leer's toppers also have added headroom and are taller than normal, making it easier to crawl in and out or haul taller things in back if needed. I wanted mine to be even with the cab of my truck so that it looked sleek.

Old 11-14-12, 04:07 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Agree with the Leer's. I had one on my 1993 Chevy K1500 some time back, and it had the "vista cruiser" type design. Matched the cab in front, and swooped up about 2' back to a higher level making it nice for retrieving stuff from the rear.

Old 12-01-12, 10:02 PM
Leer caps are nice!

Xsleeper Canít you mount your own rack? How complicated can it be? Providing the specific rack manufacture has an option for a flat roof mount versus rain guard/gutter style. Thereís got to be plenty of (Non-conventional rain guard ) roofs that need racks for hauling bikes and such!!
Any way I am considering the Leer!! Itís only double the price of a quality cover which I was also contemplating. I do handy man carpentry and really need security and protection for my tools. So when I do get a cap I will think about the rack!

Old 12-02-12, 12:03 AM
Group Moderator
I probably "can" but the Leer dealer won't do it to their Leer topper that wasn't made with the proper reinforcement. I could probably add some aftermarket type rack and be careful not to overload it.