2008 f250 motor problem

Old 02-23-13, 09:21 AM
2008 f250 motor problem

i have a 2008 f250 drivin it i noticed white smoke out the back pulled it over motor was still running shut it off oil was running out of the filter wasnt sounding too good motor still had oil in it when i checked it at home did have it towed it does have the 5.4 in it now my problem is wont start it will crank over it does pop out the xhaust but wont start

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-13, 11:37 AM
White smoke usually means water in the combustion. Check if your coolant is low and if it is do a pressure check on the cooling system. If the pressure drops quickly you may have a blown head gasket allowing coolant into the cylinder. Next check all spark plugs. You will find one with different colored deposits compared to the others and so you will then know which head has the blown gasket.

If the leak is severe enough, your oil would turn a milky color as the coolant that is not vaporized washes past the piston rings down into the crankcase.

Old 02-23-13, 02:04 PM
sorry the white smoke was the oil burnin off the exhaust

Old 02-23-13, 02:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
As Crispy said, white smoke usually means water in the combustion. Oil smoke is generally blue.

oil was running out of the filter
Can you better explain that?

Old 02-23-13, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator
White smoke out the exhaust???? My experience the modulator at the tranny causes that... Not sure if your issue. You need to explain better....

Old 02-24-13, 04:06 PM
it appears that the o ring on the filter gave out thats y the smoke from the xhaust the motor did have oil in it when it was shut off and didnt sound good but it was runnin it didnt get hot or lose any antifreeze now it wont start it will turn over and pop out the xhaust