1995 Chevy G30 cargo van inside door handle

Old 03-05-13, 07:25 AM
1995 Chevy G30 cargo van inside door handle

I have a 1995 Chevy G30 cargo van, the drivers side door handle on the inside no longer opens the the door. I think the handle may be stripped, how do you remove the handle?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-13, 01:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I can't remember if it has a screw at the face of the handle or has a clip that holds it on... I think it's the clip. Once you get a hold of the clip and pull it out - the handle will pop off.

Old 03-06-13, 06:06 AM
Electric,

There's a clip behind the handle. Use the tool in the link below, between the back of the handle and the door panel to get the clip off.

ToolKing.com: Grip 22060 Door Handle Clip Remover

Thank You
Amy

Old 03-06-13, 09:02 PM
or just work a shop rag or towel behind it and in see/saw motion untill it graps the clip and pulls it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=jqv8A2jakOg&feature=fvwp
i know they show a window crank but works the same

Old 03-08-13, 05:34 AM
Iceman681,

I know about the shop rag trick, but I didn't mention it because I've never had much luck with it. I mean if I've tried it 200 times maybe it's worked for me 5 times.

How about you?

What kind of luck have you had with it?

Next time, instead of the rag, try a piece of "Rope" with an "OD" (outside diameter) of 1/2 inch or better. Rather than grab the clip like the rag does, the rope actually will push the clip off.

Stores like the Home Depot and Lowe's sell rope by the foot, and a two foot piece is all you need.

Thank You
Amy

Old 03-08-13, 09:00 PM
amyfix 62

i would say about 90% success rate. ive always liked it because instead of it flinging across the shop lol, it clings to the rag. and i dont have it figure out which way the clip is pointing. i just work it in on one side and kinda spin the rag around 360 deg. while hold two ends.

Old 03-09-13, 04:58 AM
Iceman681,

Thank you for your answer. You've given me new motivation to keep working with the rag method till I perfect it. I made a mistake in my last posting which I'm very sorry for. If you look you will see I wrote a 1/2 inch or better. Well, it should say a 1/2 or less. I was thinking "Less", but for some reason wrote "Better".

Thank You
Amy