Dometic refrgerator in 1989 Ralleye RV - Piezo won't spark

Old 04-08-13, 08:26 AM
Dometic refrgerator in 1989 Ralleye RV - Piezo won't spark

TO answer some basic questoin before the post - Gas is on and has been for 15 - 20 minutes before attempting to light the refrigerator. I have lit the stove to assure gas is available and working. Batteries are fully charged. Refrigerator works on electric.

When I turn the selector from off or electric to "gas" the light next to the push button you hold to get gas to the refrigerator is supposed to flash on and off letting you know the piezo is sparking to light the unit. The light and piezo spark do not engage now. I can get it lit by having someone hold the button inside down while I go outside and put a lighter to it. Would just like to have it work like it is supposed to.

It is a Dometic refrigerator in a 1989 Ralleye unit. The controls are at the bottom of the refrigerator, push button and light, temperature control and selector switch all in a row. Everything esle works very well.

Where would you suggest starting with the diagnostics of the electical? Could it be the selector switch contacts?

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-13, 12:10 AM
Group Moderator
I'm going to need a model number for your Dometic fridge.

Old 04-09-13, 05:44 AM
Mine did this same thing and it was the transformer.

Old 04-09-13, 07:44 AM
Reply #1 - I will have to get the model number this weekend and will let you know on Monday.

Reply #2 - Was the tranformer accessible, maybe I can trouble shooot electronically?

Old 04-10-13, 06:11 AM
The transformer was out in the open. Follow the wire from the points back to it.