ford F250 1995 2 tanks fuel line problem

Old 05-05-13, 09:03 AM
ford F250 1995 2 tanks fuel line problem

i have a ford truck with 2 tanks. it leaking somewhere in one of the 3 lines going in the rear tank. it has 2 flexable aluminum lines , and one metal line. at least thats what it looks like. the rear tank doesn't work. so to fix my leak without having to drop the tank , can i just cut the lines and put a rubber hose on the two aluminum lines , and run them into each other ? i thought there would just be a in and out , and it be easy fix. the 3rd line has me confused. what are the two aluminum lines, and what is the one metal line ? thanks guys.....another weird thing was it leaked bad in the winter cold, and now that its warm, it's not leaked at all.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-13, 09:10 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
There was a recall on the transfer switch assembly sometime in 1996, I believe. You can check the NTSB site to see. I had a 1993 and it would pressurize one tank so much that it would puke gas out the tank when you opened it. Fire hazard at best. The two lines are from your tanks, and the third line goes to the injector rail. Been a long time. Maybe some of the others will have more information.

Old 05-06-13, 05:06 AM
Lets remember the vapor recovery system has line/lines running to the tank.