pull behind enclosed trailer


Old 07-29-13, 09:37 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
pull behind enclosed trailer

Maybe someone can answer this for me. Buying a trailer from a different state. Says has lifetime registration. Am I going to have to redo the registration in my state? Making that one no good?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-13, 03:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 43,233
Welcome to the forums Vinny!

You'd have to ask your state's DMV. I would assume the trailer would need to be registered in your state which would void the permanent registration in the other state. Here in tenn most non commercial trailers don't require tags/registration but that wasn't the case in other states I've lived in.
Old 07-30-13, 04:14 AM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,541
If you are purchasing the trailer from a company that sells them, give them a quick call and ask.
My parents just took possession of their new toy hauler a week or so ago (enclosed motorcycle trailer with sleeping cabin). They bought it from the US, and the company that sold it was very helpful and surprisingly knew all the requirements for selling and registering the trailer in Ontario Canada.
Old 07-30-13, 05:53 AM
Gunguy45's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 20,861
Pretty sure you will have to if plates are required there. If it's registered now...it's in the other persons name, so that would need to be changed anyway.

Looking at the CO DMV site...I can't even find mention of trailers. I'd call or visit your County DMV office.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes