pull behind enclosed trailer

Old 07-29-13, 09:37 PM
pull behind enclosed trailer

Maybe someone can answer this for me. Buying a trailer from a different state. Says has lifetime registration. Am I going to have to redo the registration in my state? Making that one no good?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-13, 03:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums Vinny!

You'd have to ask your state's DMV. I would assume the trailer would need to be registered in your state which would void the permanent registration in the other state. Here in tenn most non commercial trailers don't require tags/registration but that wasn't the case in other states I've lived in.

Old 07-30-13, 04:14 AM
If you are purchasing the trailer from a company that sells them, give them a quick call and ask.
My parents just took possession of their new toy hauler a week or so ago (enclosed motorcycle trailer with sleeping cabin). They bought it from the US, and the company that sold it was very helpful and surprisingly knew all the requirements for selling and registering the trailer in Ontario Canada.

Old 07-30-13, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator
Pretty sure you will have to if plates are required there. If it's registered now...it's in the other persons name, so that would need to be changed anyway.

Looking at the CO DMV site...I can't even find mention of trailers. I'd call or visit your County DMV office.