1991 E-150 Rotor Replacement

Old 08-07-13, 11:18 PM
1991 E-150 Rotor Replacement

Replacing the front rotors on a 91 E-150 Van, have the new rotors, inner bearing is prepped, the only thing I need to know is what to do for the seal that goes on after inserting the bearing into the rotor. What came out of the old one was just a simple rubber seal that peeled out in order to access and remove the inner bearing. I still have the rubber seal, and it is undamaged. If I just need to put on the rubber seal after installing the bearing, how do I do this? Everything I can find involves a hard seal that is hammered into place, but this would obviously not work with a rubber seal. I can find NO helpful information on this, including out of the purchased vehicle repair manual. HELP PLEASE, I BEG YOU.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-13, 11:32 PM
The grease SEAL SHOULD HAVE THE RUBBER AND METAL BULT IN TO ONE PIECE AND YOU WOULD NEED TO HIT IT IN PLACE WITH A HAMMER JUST MAKE SURE THE SEAL IS FACING WITH THE RUBBER OUT

Old 08-08-13, 12:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Go and get 2 new seals to use sounds like the seals were damaged.

Old 08-08-13, 06:20 AM
When you say the rubber "peeled out" makes me think you havent gotten all the old seal outl. Check for the metal part still in there.