1994 ford ranger 2.3 litre 4 cylinder

Old 09-09-13, 10:40 AM
1994 ford ranger 2.3 litre 4 cylinder

I have this problem. My truck was going through fuel pumps like they were made of gas. changed it out 4 times and got a good one. i am not getting fuel pressure unless i jump the relay. bought a new relay and did not fix the problem. i am getting spark, truck still does not start with relay jumped and fuel pressure at 42 p.s.i. I changed the p.c.m. made no difference. imm wondering if the ignition control module could be bad and if so would it cause the fuel pump to not run or what sends the signal to the fuel pump relay to turn it on?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-13, 10:50 AM
I don't know about your particular vehicle but some fuel pump circuits are run through the oil pressure switch to prevent fuel flow when the engine stalls or in case of an accident.

Old 09-09-13, 12:23 PM
no it does not run through the oil pressure switch, it has an inertia switch which i have tested with my meter and seems to be working fine. i have been leaning to the crankshaft position sensor but not sure if that sends signal to the pump or not, also wondering if MAF sensor may be the cause.