Laptop Mount installation Ford E-350

Old 10-23-13, 08:40 PM
Laptop Mount installation Ford E-350

A buddy of mine gave me this Ram Mount No-Drill

Unfortunately there's some missing pieces I have the tray and the swing arms but no post and floor plate. Post I can use a 1/2" aluminum pipe but I need a way to fasten something to the floor to hold the whole assembly and I don't want to drill holes in the floor. I have a 2001 Ford E350 diesel plenty of room to put a laptop between the 2 front seats but I need to find an alternative to bolt to the floor. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-13, 10:52 PM
Group Moderator
You need to fasten something to the floor without drilling any holes.

I have a 99 E-350 diesel supervan. Almost the same truck. Why don't you come up with a bracket that uses the two two inside passenger seat holddown bolts.

I would come up with a flat metal plate. Have a pipe mount or flange welded to it. Either slide it under just the passenger seat pedastal and use the two seat bolts or make the plate big enough to use the two passenger seat bolts and two drivers seat bolts.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  13.6 KB

Old 10-24-13, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator
I would suggest that you view the installation video in the link and fabricate a copy of the one shown.
The maker of the mount would use the easist way to mount the thing and youare not likely going beat them on that one.

Another way is to change your mind about drilling.
I recently purchased an '09 Sierra 2500HD that had been a leased vehicle.
There are three tiny holes in the rubber tunnel floor covering that appear to be from larger hex head self tapping screws to hold a mount of some type.
A swipe of black silicone on each of the holes have made them nearly invisible and if you have carpet and do this they will not be seen if you remove the screws later.

Old 10-24-13, 05:24 AM
Thanks guys I'll definitely go with a bracket. I have lots of 1/8" aluminum scraps I'll work around PJ's drawing to make it fit I haven't look at the seats yet but I took a peak underneath the truck there's no way I would adventure drilling holes in the floor!!!

Old 10-24-13, 04:53 PM
I went to Home Depot and bought 3/4" pipe 1/2" pipe a 3/4" floor pipe flange and a 1/2" pipe reason why I didn't get a 1/2" pipe for the whole thing is the 3/4" flange is much larger and I think it will be better for the bracket. now my question is should I trim the threads on the pipes? They are very long I see lots of threads left from the flange and the 1/2" to 3/4" adapter should I leave it as it is or cut the pipe where the thread is?

Old 10-24-13, 05:40 PM
Group Moderator
The threads on those pipes are tapered. If you cut off the end threads it will not screw into the mounting flanges.

They are set up that way so as you tighten the pipe into the flange it seals tightly.

Old 10-24-13, 07:36 PM
That's what I just red online So in theory are the threads supposed to go all the way in?