how bad did I screw up

Old 01-06-14, 11:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
how bad did I screw up

I went to the gas station this afternoon and added a bottle of fuel cleaner to the tank. As y'all know it's cold out there and the wind is brutal. I had trouble getting the paper/cardboard sleeve off of the bottle but I got it open and poured it in never thinking that the sleeve I couldn't get off would slide down into the tank

Any guesses on the probability of the paper dissolving and not becoming an issue?
It's a 1976 F-100 with a 360 CID V8.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-14, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
That's what filters are for. Does yours have an in tank pump? Prob not....hmmm...that could be a different story if it clogs an intake.

Old 01-06-14, 12:29 PM
Group Moderator
The big question is are you seriously willing to drop the fuel tank to fish around and try and find the cardboard?

---
Don't feel bad. My father recently was fueling his 4 wheeler. He sat the small plastic cap from the fuel can in the 4 wheeler's cap. He finished fueling and put the cap back on the 4 wheeler. Went to put the cap on the fuel can and realized it's now somewhere in the bottom of the tank.

Old 01-06-14, 12:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't remember if it has an inline filter or one inside the carb. I also can't remember if it had a filter at the end of the pickup in the tank or not. I do know I'm not messing with it until it warms up

Old 01-08-14, 03:58 AM
Screwup

There should a strainer on the pick up tube. Also a "canister" filter in line,takes a GF-157 AC filt.