1994 ranger

Old 04-08-14, 05:48 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1994 ranger

I need to add Freon but it's too low and the compressor won't kick in. There's no voltage going to the compressor. It used to short cycle.

How do I inject 12 volts to the compressor to get it to kick in?

Thank you.

Chuck

Old 04-12-14, 03:46 PM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
The Ranger

I think if you start putting the freon/R134A into the system, with the engine running, the AC compressor will start up once the pressure reaches the minimum. Hopefully there is still enough refrigerant in the system, so there is no air in the system. If there is, it will have to be evacuated, and any leaks repaired before any new refrigerant is added.
Sid

Last edited by sidny; 04-12-14 at 03:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-25-14, 08:36 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Without freon you don't want the compressor to engage. It can cause severe internal damage and then you'll have to buy a compressor as well. As sidney said, you push the freon in with the engine running and the ac on max. Once it has met the minimum threshold the compressor will kick on and start blowing cold air. If you are adding freon however, you obviously have a leak. I would recommend you use UV dyed freon and a black light to find out where, have the leaking hose or part replaced and have it vacuumed down and filled.

You won't have to keep putting freon in anymore, the AC will get much much colder, and hey it saves the environment.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: