2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Deisel has no power until it warms up.

Old 07-06-14, 01:23 PM
2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Deisel has no power until it warms up.

I can drive about 2 miles and then it has full power. I changed the TPS and fuel filter but with no luck. Even after it warms up it still has a heck of a miss in the engine. Also 2002 dodge ram 2500 diesel air bag light is on and cruise control not working. Could this have something to do with the way its running? NEED HELP!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-14, 03:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! As far as the power is concerned, you may have a faulty or sticking turbo waste gate. Do you hear the whine of the turbo when you first start out? Check the air hose going to the valve to make sure it isn't cracked.

Since the cruise control is electronic and the air bag is on, it indicates a possible ECM problem. It is located under the fuel filter on the engine block. Run codes before you get into it, as they aren't cheap. Codes will tell all.

I run a 2001 3500 dually with 436,000 miles on it. Let us know what the codes say, and about the turbo.

Edit: after the fuel filter change did you "bump" the ignition to circulate the fuel a few times before you started it? You may have an air embolism in the tubes.

Last edited by chandler; 07-06-14 at 03:25 PM.