intermittent blower fan

Old 11-30-15, 11:51 AM
Group Moderator
Received 219 Votes on 203 Posts
intermittent blower fan

2002 Ford F150

Replaced the blower motor last year when it quit. It had "had it" after 270,000 miles. Well now the blower quit again. But then it started again! And quit again.

Fuses are all okay, and relay is good. With key on, it clicks when the selector is moved from off to on.

I'm thinking it's a bad connection, but where? Here is what I did to get it working again:

KOEO... went under the passenger side and wiggled wires... nothing. Took my knuckle and knocked on the bottom of the fan motor... it immediately turned on. Works on all speeds, just like it usually does. For now...

Its just either on or off. Guess I know how to "fix" it now, if it ever goes off again. With the ice storms lately, its kind of a bad time to lose your defroster!

Surely the motor isn't bad already after only one year? Ya think? It was a real pain in the A$$ to change the last time, (standing on my head) and expensive...I would hate to have to do it again.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-15, 12:18 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Blower

Make sure the blower has a good connection to the vehicle chassis. This could be how the blower is grounded.

Old 11-30-15, 12:43 PM
Received 7 Votes on 7 Posts
sounds like a bad motor might also inspect the resistor its usually near the blower motor sometimes see bad connection there.

Old 11-30-15, 01:31 PM
Group Moderator
Yeah, not sure that's it, wirepuller. Its not the kind the mounts on the engine side of the firewall... its the kind that goes under the glove compartment and has a completely plastic housing... so it doesn't ground itself through the chassis.

Similar to this one: http://www.carparts.com/details/Ford...FRApaQodUNwENA

I will keep an eye on the connections alan73... maybe unplug them and add some dielectric grease.

Old 11-30-15, 05:51 PM
Group Moderator
UPDATE: It did it again today... so this time I jiggled the wires and it started up... so it must just be a loose connection.