trailer tire. spair

Old 11-13-16, 12:02 PM
trailer tire. spair

I have a basic 12 in trailer tire that's a spair an wanted to know if it's savable or repairable to keep just as spair with the holes bore out so bad.Also wondering if I can redrill out new ones using template or weld the current holes maybe? Any other options appreciated also
Thanks
Will send pic soon

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-16, 12:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Certainly you are speaking of the "wheel", and not the tire. You can't weld tires. We can't see what you see, either, so a picture would help. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

In all honesty, trailer wheels are too cheap to not buy a new one, mount your tire on it and call it a day. With the old one being hacked and welded, down the road it may possibly leak and you would be left without a spare tire on a lonely road in the dark.

Old 11-13-16, 12:24 PM
I know it's a long shot but wanted to ask..will send pic

Old 11-13-16, 12:48 PM
I had to do a Google on spair, seems to be related to breast surgery. What does this have to do with a trailer?

Old 11-13-16, 12:54 PM
My big question is why aren't trailer tires made to withstand sun and weather like a regular car tire? I bought tire covers for my pop-up to protect the the tire during those hot summer days with sun beating down on the sidewall. It seems to help. But then if I left my car park months on end in one spot with the same sun beating down on the sidewall will it ruin my car tires also?

Old 11-13-16, 01:03 PM
The sun speeds up aging of all tires. I think it's not as noticeable a problem with car tires because most wear out before they dry out, crack and rot.

Old 11-14-16, 03:58 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Also vehicle tires generally get rotated often and don't set in one spot. If you park a vehicle and let it set like trailers often do - those tires will see the same amount of weathering. It has to do with the concentration of sunlight on the same portion of the tire.

Old 11-14-16, 06:56 AM
I had to do a Google on spair, seems to be related to breast surgery. What does this have to do with a trailer?
Spare as in spare tire....................................