Dash instrument lights

Old 02-25-17, 12:00 PM
Dash instrument lights

I just purchase a 1988 F250 the three main bulbs to instrument cluster we're burnt out. I replaced them but the lighting are still not working. All the other lights work. I check the fuses for any band ones but they where all good. Hope some may be able to help.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-17, 03:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums!

I don't know how much difference there is in the dash between a 76 F-100 and your 88 F-250 but on mine the dash lighting circuit is printed on some thin plastic. On mine that circuit 'board' was toast [half the lights didn't work] and I had to go to a junk yard for another dash. I swapped out the speedo as mine had less miles than the 'new' dash.

Old 02-26-17, 08:34 AM
Group Moderator
Check the underdash fuse box again. There should be a 5A fuse labeled as instrument cluster.

Old 02-26-17, 05:19 PM
I did look at the Circuit board on the back of it there was no burn marks on it. Did your show any burn marks before you replaced it?

Old 02-26-17, 05:24 PM
The fuse was good I bought a new light switch thinking that that might help but the lights still do not come on .

Old 02-27-17, 03:11 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Mine was a double issue, there were breaks in the circuit along with slightly wallowed out holes for the bulbs. That meant the bulbs didn't always get good contact. I could get some of them to work by wiggling them in the proper position but they wouldn't light up without manipulation.