bleeding brakes on a F250

Old 03-30-19, 04:42 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

hi folks, we found this old post very helpful today from 2010 and i wanted to give credit where it's due so i'm reviving the subject (the website wouldn't allow me to respond to the old post). moral of the story is make sure the bleeder valves are up top and heading north instead of down below and showing south...in other words, there's left and right calipers and make sure the left is on the left and the right is on the right.

the original post was from 23mar2008 from donshiltonblue about his subject spongy brakes:

the answer today made me giggle as i told husband due to this post in that 2010 forum from:

bwstephen, his suggestion was:

'I think I have the answer to your problem. You said you replaced the rear calipers, there is a left and right. If you put them on backwards the bleed will be on the bottom which traps air in the caliper. Look and make sure the bleed is at the top, just switch the calipers to do this. I done this and had no pedal no matter how long I bled them. After switching them the bled in five minutes by myself with a tube and jar setup I read about on youtube. They work great now.'

my husband does brakes great for us all day long but we had a snafu w/ the f250 and this was the problem. good luck folks, i just want to be helpful

Old 03-31-19, 06:00 AM
Group Moderator
Received 153 Votes on 118 Posts
Yes that was a good catch, one of those "duh" moments. The poster, bwstephen, was a one-hit wonder, but thanks on his behalf.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: