ford 150 blinkers stopped working

Old 06-22-19, 01:31 PM
ford 150 blinkers stopped working

I checked the fuse(s) #13 and #23 in the central junction box according to this chart I found online and they look both good. I try to put on the right and left turn signals for this vehicle but nothing happens, hear no blinking inside, see no indication inside or outside of the turn signals working. What other diagnostic procedure should I try next or am I off on the wrong track already? From what I can tell by the info online there is apparently no "relay" for the turn signals that I can look for that might have failed. Any comments/advice appreciated. 2000 Ford F150

2000 Ford F-150 Fuses and Fuse Box Layout ? Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice | Automotive Repair Tips and How-To

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-19, 02:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Do your 4 way flashers use the same bulbs? if so does it work? Sometimes a fuse appears good when it's not so I'd go ahead and replace the fuse anyway.

Old 06-22-19, 02:41 PM
I double checked #13, it was indeed blown after all. Replaced it and blinkers work again, for now. Isn't a blown fuse such as this usually probably indicative of another source within the circuit that would have caused the fuse to blow in the first place? So just a matter of time before it blows again? Or not necessarily, and it could just be kinda of a freak occurrence and if I'm lucky this will probably not happen again?

Old 06-22-19, 02:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Or not necessarily, and it could just be kinda of a freak occurrence and if I'm lucky this will probably not happen again?
Yeah, it could be either. It could indicate an issue otherwise but could have been just a odd surge somewhere. Just keep an eye on it every time you use your turn signals & if it goes out, its probably another issue we can help you with at that time.

Good luck....

Old 06-22-19, 02:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Wait a minute, the chart you posted shows that #13 is an AC clutch. That's got nothing to do with turn signals. I dont know why that would have fixed the turn signal issue.

EDIT: Ahhh, ok... the last diagram.. the small fuses..

Old 06-22-19, 03:03 PM
Wait a minute, the chart you posted shows that #13 is an AC clutch. That's got nothing to do with turn signals. I dont know why that would have fixed the turn signal issue.
Well the fuse I was dealing with is in the central junction box not the battery junction box; the central junction box chart is located much further down that (series of charts) I posted together there. So there you can see #13 there has to do with the blinkers.

Edit: ah ok you noticed it yourself, I see your last edit. ok all good. thanks

Old 06-22-19, 03:07 PM
Yeah, it could be either. It could indicate an issue otherwise but could have been just a odd surge somewhere. Just keep an eye on it every time you use your turn signals & if it goes out, its probably another issue we can help you with at that time.
Ok will keep an eye on it. Yeah let's hope it was just an "odd surge" somewhere. That would be cool with me. \

Good luck....
Yeah I need that. thanks

Old 06-22-19, 03:22 PM
As Dixie said, could indicate a problem, but not necessarily. By chance, have you replaced any of the affected bulbs lately? I don't know what yours has for bulbs, but, for example, and assuming I'm remembering right, if the socket was worn you could put the common in their day 1156 bulb in an 1157 socket, or one of them, the 1157 if I remember right, it took some extra effort because the socket wasn't made for it, you could put the bulb in backward (rotated 180 degrees). The other thing I would look at is the ground for the rear lights.

Old 06-22-19, 03:32 PM
No haven't replaced any of the bulbs lately. But thanks for the info on the potential for mix up or putting in wrong when/if I need to. If it happens again with the new fuse I just replaced I will indeed try taking a good look or testing somehow the ground situation for the rear lights... Thanks pedro

Old 06-23-19, 12:10 AM
best bet is loose connector at switch. use your tilt if they work with wheel up but not down, need to take covers off. but a blown fuse makes me think trailer issue?

Old 06-23-19, 12:16 AM
best bet is loose connector at switch. use your tilt if they work with wheel up but not down, need to take covers off.
loose connector at switch could cause fuse to blow?

but a blown fuse makes me think trailer issue?
Don't use a trailer, never have.