Test on 'CDL Pre-Trip Inspection'

Old 07-10-19, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Test on 'CDL Pre-Trip Inspection'

Hello:
One of my adult sons wants to become 'Shuttle Bus driver' or similar field bus driver after working a different field of work.
He passed all of required written tests, however he's not familiar to those 'large passenger trucks, i.e. School Bus.'
He needs to pass 'CDL Pre-trip inspection.'
He went to CDL school. It's good for CDL driving-skill, but not for 'CDL Pre-trip inspection.'
How to master 'CDL Pre-trip inspection' in order to get CDL 'B' License?
Thanks,

Old 07-10-19, 07:22 PM
M
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
I take it he hasn't driven the bus yet for that part of the test? Most of that is on a little checklist you go by prior to a trip. Most of it is safety. All the lights, the swing out stop sign, passenger and emergency door, rear and front tire tread, fluid levels and air pressure for the brakes. Then drive belts on the engine.

Sometimes they get cute and ask what engine and transmission is in the vehicle. I don't know if they would do that one on a school bus.

Most DOT inspectors will have you do a ride down of the air pressure if applicable to check the warning buzzer and if the air will build back up.

They'll ask about where you check fluids, generally. On a school bus maybe something to go over on the passenger seats.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: