Flooded vs. AGM Batteries

Old 08-16-19, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Flooded vs. AGM Batteries

Not needing one yet but looking at the H6 battery my '18 F150 calls for. Factory battery is the 760CCA AGM battery. WalMart offer s both a flooded H6 and then a AGM H6 for $30 more. Both have a 3 yrs full replacement warranty.

My question is does the AGM battery typically last longer than the flooded one? Flooded one is 730CCA by the way.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-19, 05:48 PM
Received 22 Votes on 17 Posts
That's a good question. How much do you know about AGM batteries? Are you familiar with the advantages? Your '18 F-150 has a start-stop function that may make a difference in your decision. Here's some specific information that might be helpful in making your decision.

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/..._glass_mat_agm

Old 08-17-19, 05:51 AM
Received 25 Votes on 21 Posts
If I could buy a AGM battery for that little difference in price that's what I'd go for.
They hold a charge longer, there's nothing to leak, faster charging, vibration does not effect them.

Old 08-17-19, 03:46 PM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
both have similar life spans the flooded will probably last longer than the AGM but the difference is probably insignificant meaning they both will probably fail a load test at 4-5 years old if they happen to even last that long if you ever over discharge either one there life span could be much shorter.