Trailer hitch for Dodge Journey

Old 06-01-21, 07:43 AM
T
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Trailer hitch for Dodge Journey

I am looking to install a bumper hitch on my daughter’s 2018 Dodge Journey so she can tow a small 4x8 utility trailer. She purchased a Curt universal that was supposed to fit but the bracket that bolts up to the frame wouldn’t clear the muffler on the right side and she also has a spare underneath. Anyone have success with an installation on a Journey?

Old 06-01-21, 08:44 PM
T
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
She found a Reese model that bolted right up. Had to undo all of the muffler and tailpipe hangers to drop the muffler down for access but it went in pretty easy besides that. It was in a slight vee shape so as to not impede access to the spare tire underneath.

marksr voted this post useful.
Old 05-06-22, 09:43 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honestly not sure. It does kind of seem like a tow hook. I have a Curt 13335 on my '09 Journey and it does a very close pass between the bottom of the bumper and that hook. I'd add a pic if I could but I can't in the comment. Let me know if you want one. You shouldn't need to remove anything to get a propper hitch installed.

Old 05-06-22, 10:28 AM
Received 951 Votes on 863 Posts
That post was almost a year old, need to check dates on what your responding too!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: