2004 GMC Yukon transmission slipping!

Old 08-02-21, 06:51 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2004 GMC Yukon transmission slipping!

So Iíve had this workhorse since new and itís got 150k miles now and does not owe me anything! But it also costs me next to nothing and is incredibly useful. Just this weekend the trans started slipping and while it drives it feels like itís searching for the gear at times and over-revving at others till it catches. Often feels like itís in low but itís not. Iím afraid it is not repairable but donít really know much about automatics. And I guess replacement with a used or rebuilt is possible but prohibitive? Anyone with experience with these have insight or suggestions? Too useful to lose. Thx as always!!

Old 08-02-21, 07:10 AM
W
Received 51 Votes on 46 Posts
Check the transmission fluid level. Check your users manual on how to do this to get the correct reading.

Old 08-03-21, 01:07 PM
Group Moderator
Received 145 Votes on 113 Posts
Kind of depends on the condition of the rest of the vehicle and how long you plan on keeping it. You didn't say gas or diesel, 2WD or $WD, but I think you have either a 4L80E or 4L60E, both pretty good units; I have the 4L80E in my wrecker. Lots of applications on those trannies, so can maybe find a good used one or even a reman for a decent price.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: