2007 Mazda 6 front end alignment issue

Old 02-05-22, 09:38 AM
D
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
2007 Mazda 6 front end alignment issue

Just bought car for my 17 year old a few months ago. Mechanic checked out car first, and said needs tires and alignment. Front tires worn a little on outside, not too bad. Car did NOT pull/drift at all.

Brought in last week for 2 tires and alignment, to same shop. Drove away with a very noticeable pull to the right. Shop was close to closing time, so I called to explain. Came back today.

today they said RF tire was 7lb lower than LF and could cause the pull. Well, they put 2 tires on the same day, they wouldnít make sure pressure was correct? So they re aligned and fixed pressure. Test drove. Said all good.

so, immediately driving away I notice car is still pulling. Doesnít matter which lane (even from left lane, other side of road crown, still pulled to right). Steering wheel seemed a little turned to the right when going straight. I turned around and went back to shop. Owner said machine was right on money. Maybe something bent? They are going to check again. Before alignment, car drove straight. Could something be bent, and car being out of alignment compensated for pull?? Just want to know what Iím in for here. Purchased from Original owner, older gentleman. CarFax indicated no accidents.

Last edited by daronson; 02-05-22 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-05-22, 11:32 AM
A
Received 64 Votes on 56 Posts
tires could have been worn just from lack of rotation but if the alignment shop does not fix it would probably suggest going somewhere else and getting a second opinion obviously there not test driving the vehicle or they would notice a pull and the fact that the steering wheel is not centered does not seem like they know what they are doing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: