Toilet install problem

Old 07-27-02, 02:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Toilet install problem

I am renovating the lower level of my house. I am having a problem with getting a toilet drain line issue resolved.

The basement floor is a concrete slab. The previous toilet was a 12" rough. The 4" soil line is lead with a standard closet flange. House was built in the early 70's.

Here is the problem:

In the remodel, we installed under floor radiant heating, which raised the floor 1.5", with the finished floor it will be raised a total of 3". The finished wall will stand out from the existing block wall by about 2". The selection of toilets in the 10" rough variety are very limited, and somewhat expensive. We want to use a 12" rough toilet.

I tried to use a 4" brass offset closet flange, but it does not seem to securley fit into the lead soil line that is in the concrete floor.

I see there are plastic extension flanges that are designed to seal into a soil pipe, but they are not offset.

I don't want to risk heating the lead pipe to remove the existing flange.

I realise I may have to get a plumber to help me with this, but I would like to be able to at least have a plan I can discuss with him/her. One that I spoke to only had one suggestion: get a 10" rough toilet - that is not an option.

many thanks for any assistance you can give.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-02, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Looks like some concrete work and resetting a flange to get what you want.

Plus side, not a very big project for busting up the concrete. Down side, I think this work sucks... I'm too old!