Last plumbing questions...

Old 08-10-02, 05:41 PM
Talking Last plumbing questions...

(1) I recently had to buy a new washer and while making the switch had to turn the main H2O valve off because water leaked from the hot H2O faucet even when it was turned off. Does this need to be fixed, or am I ok because the washer is always attached to it?

(2) I've heard that it's a good idea to shut the water off to the washer to prevent flooding should a hose burst (just the hot H2O or both?). I've also heard there are gizmos that will turn off hot and cold water at the same time. Do I need to do either or both?

Thanks...Beth

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-02, 07:27 PM
If you are doing any work on the wash machine hookup, I'd take a serious look at the Watt's Series 2-M2 valve. This comes with and without the plastic box.
You hook up both cold and cold water to this valve and have just one handle (more like a lever) to turn water on and off. A real neat set when installed.

You may also want to look at Watts Series A2-intelliflow which turns off the water automatically when the washer is off.

Hopes this helps....

Old 08-12-02, 08:54 AM
Davef15
Visiting Guest
If you do not follow Notuboo"s advice, I would definitly turn off both the hot and cold water supplies - especially if you go away for a weekend. While the quality is much better today, the hoses have been known to rupture.

Old 08-12-02, 02:35 PM
Smile Thanks for the advice

I've looked at the Watts devices on the Web and it seems well worth doing. I don't know if I have the skills (my plumbing expertise is very limited), but if not I can get a plumber.