Basement Bath

Old 08-14-02, 10:36 AM
DIYRules
Visiting Guest
Question Basement Bath

Hi everyone

I'm in process of finishing my basement and starting working on the bathroom. Builder roughed in toilet and left 2" pipe sticking out of concrete floor for a synk. He also left a 2" vent pipe between the ceiling joist.

My plan is to use this 2" drain pipe and connect shower and synk to it.

the questions I have are:
1. Does code allows for both of this fixtures to be connected to the same line.
2. Do I need separate vent for each of them or can I use one.
3. Can I use a standard sanitory tee instead of wye in the horizontal application (drainage). I have pretty tight space and I'll have to make a loop to get from wye to the showers P-trap.
4. I'll have to raise shower about 9" to accomodate P-trap and piping - what is the best method to build the platform.

thanks for your time,
DIYRules

Old 08-14-02, 09:40 PM
toiletjockey
Visiting Guest
first I'd say you need to check with your local plbg. code. Then I'd like to know where your basement drains drain too? You should I would think have a sewage ejector pit. I would also think twice about putting the shower that high. If you have an ejector pit you should have a spot in the floor for the trap. I don't know what you have for sure but it sounds like you got short changed?

Old 08-15-02, 06:14 AM
DIYRules
Visiting Guest
Basement Bath

Thanks for reply.

I don't have sawege ejector. All drain pipes go vertically in the basement and disappear under the slab. I poored water into 2" rough in pipe - there is no P-trap there just a 90 degree turn.
hope this clarifies the setup.

Thanks,
DIYRules

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: