water pressure valve


Old 08-22-02, 07:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
water pressure valve

Could somebody give me directions on replacing a water pressure valve? When our city replaced the main water pipes in our street, all of a sudden we have rattling pipes when we turn them on and now I find out that our water pressure is too high and we need to replace it with a pressure reducer. It is under the house in the crawl space.
Old 08-23-02, 01:41 AM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,948
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

A Pressure Reducing Valve is a water pressure valve.
They are adjustable. You should be able to find it between your meter and your main cut-off valve.
It may be in your crawlspace.

Loosen the nut, and screw the adjustment UP to decrease pressure.
Good Luck!
Old 08-23-02, 08:28 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Thank you SO much for such a quick reply. I will check this to see if I can do this, although I am kind of under the impression that this house is so old, that I may not even have one to adjust. I work out of state for one week and then home for one week, so I will check this as soon as I get back home. Thank you again.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: