Continous, Ongoing Sewer Back-Ups

Old 08-23-02, 04:02 PM
tconrad
Visiting Guest
Continous, Ongoing Sewer Back-Ups

Please---I need suggestions. My problem: In the 2 years since I moved into a ground-floor condominium I've had at least 6 sewer back-ups (always from the tub and toilet) and 2 ruined carpets. The 3-story, 12-unit (4 units per floor) building was built in 1955-56 as apartments and converted to condos in 1982-83. My next door neighbor's sewer backs up whenever mine does. A hydrojet treatment was done in February, but in April another back-up happened. On one occasion snaking from my toilet brought up grease, on another a tampon. I can't control what my upstairs neighbors put down the drain.

Plumbers have told me there is no solution to this problem except maybe replacing the pipe going from my toilet to the street with a larger pipe (a pipe with a larger diameter) AND doing regular maintenance such as hydrojetting. Is this true? Please suggest another solution if one exists. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-02, 06:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Unfortunately, people put such things such as feminine products, grease, and virtually anything else that does NOT belong in a drain system into it, thinking that it will just go away.
WRONG!
It always causes problems for everyone else, as well as them, in most cases.
I think that you need to communicate the problem to ALL of your neighbors.
If everyone will start throwing EVERYTHING but toiilet tissue in the trash, as they SHOULD, you won't have any more problems.
Good Luck!
Mike