Reoccuring Clog!

Old 09-10-02, 10:29 AM
brownbetz
Visiting Guest
Angry Reoccuring Clog!

Like Mobby's previous thread, we just moved into a house and have started to have kitchen sink problems, without the smelly black stuff and the washer drain underneath drains fine. It backed up for the first time about a week ago, and after a plumming quote of $175 we decided to buy a snake and do it ourself. I have used the snake (auger) two main times now, each seeming to bring results (hair, easter grass, and milk carton tops seemed to be the problem) but after a day or so it clogs up again. I can assure you that we are not putting anything else in the drain to clog it, so there must still be something there. Please help us!!!

!

Last edited by brownbetz; 09-10-02 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-10-02, 08:22 PM
WIZZER -5
Visiting Guest
BrownBetz:

What you have done is to remove a PORTION of your clog, since you aver that you have not put anything down your drain.

If your auger work netted you SOME bits and pieces (milk carton tops???), these items were being held within the pipe by the major clog.

You will need to disassemble the drain, P-trap and associated network under your sink and get that auger really INTO the pipe; I suspect the previous owners had children (Easter egg grass???) and you may have a buildup of years worth of glop in there.

I would certainly TRY to DIY this before laying out $175. You really have little to lose and could gain a lot of OJT drain-learning lore. Also, HAIR in a kitchen sink? Sounds like folks were shampooing in the wrong room.

Lots of luck! -Wiz

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: