Crumbled concrete floor around toilet flange

Old 09-10-02, 09:37 PM
steven5150
Visiting Guest
Crumbled concrete floor around toilet flange

I have an older home built in the 60's and the toilet was wobbly. I removed the toilet and the flange had come loose from the concrete subflooring. The flange was an older iron one that looked like it was either set or tapped into the concrete. It also appears that there was another flange prior to this one - you can see the holes from the previous one. My problem now is there is no solid concrete around the pipe to attach a new flange. I tried to reattach a new flange with 2 3/4 inch Tapcon screws but they would not hold securely on all sides of the flange. Does anybody have any suggestions or recommendations? I saw a quick fix flange support system on the web that looked like it might work, but I wanted to get some opinions.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-02, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You can always repair the concrete with some quick setting cement, and anchor the new flange that way.

Old 09-11-02, 05:11 PM
padudeman
Visiting Guest
I had a similar situation and hired a core driller to core a 14" diameter hole around the flange. Chipped out the concrete with a little Bosch electric chisel. Replaced the anchors and poured rapid set concrete. Iwas reading magazines in 1 hour.
Ed

Old 09-12-02, 08:36 AM
steven5150
Visiting Guest
Smile

Thanks for the replies. What I ended up doing was getting a repair flange from the plumbers supply store. It fit down into the 4 inch pipe and had a compression fitting that expands inside the line as you tighten it down with an allen wrench. I got everything hooked back up and it's solid as a rock now. The total cost was $15.