water pressure

Old 09-14-02, 02:45 AM
spencer28387
Visiting Guest
Unhappy water pressure

to get water from the dispenser on front of refrig. the water is very slow, no pressure, Ice machine only makes parts of cubes
HELP from spencer28387@yahoo.com

Old 09-14-02, 08:07 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

First thing to check is to make sure that there is no crimp in the water tube to the refigerator, and that any valve on it is wide open.
If that isn't it, please post your question in Electric Appliances and Jeff can help you with any mechanical problem.
Give him the brand and model number.
Good luck!
Mike

Old 09-14-02, 11:35 PM
spencer28387
Visiting Guest
Question low water pressure

Mike, thanks for the info, I forgot to say that this is the second refrigerater, the old one's icemaker and water worked at first, and then after a couple of years the pressure went low, we had to purchase another for other reasons, and with the new refrigerater i am still having the same problem. But I know that the pressure on the old one did work at some point. I am about ready to take a bat to it. Thanks for all your help.
diane

Old 09-14-02, 11:57 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Do you have a water filter on this refrigerator?
Mike

Old 09-15-02, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator
Received 44 Votes on 42 Posts
spencer28387:
There should be a filter and a water solenoid on this fridge. Either could be plugged.

Old 09-15-02, 07:42 PM
spencer28387
Visiting Guest
water pressure

yes i have a water filter, i checked it and i think it is ok, could it be anything to do with the water line. I checked to make sure that the water was completely turned on (valve) and it was, I turned it off and no water would come thru where you get water at in the front of the refrig. And i turned it back on and water came thru but very slowly you would have to stand there several minutes to get a glass of water. I check the back, where the lines are and none are crimped.
thanks Diane

Old 09-15-02, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 44 Votes on 42 Posts
spencer28387:
The way to isolate the problem is to first turn off the water to the fridge and then remove the water line at the fridge. Hold the end of the water line in a bucket and get someone to turn on the water . This will tell you if you have good pressure and flow.
You can then see in which direction you will go to troubleshoot your problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: