toilet girlges after it's flushed

Old 09-23-02, 09:13 AM
meangoat
Visiting Guest
Question toilet girlges after it's flushed

After flushing the toilet there is a girgling sound coming from it or from the sewer line, not sure which. Any ideas what may cause this ?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-02, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Could be the mainline plugging up on you, if you run water in the other drains, does it make the toilet gurgle?

Old 09-24-02, 06:56 AM
ack
Visiting Guest
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I believe I have the problem you've described Plumber2000.

Yesterday, our toilet was clogged. I plunged, and not much came out, but it did flush. Last night, while taking a shower, I noticed that the toilet was gurgling. The shower is also clogged now, as well as the sink and the toilet once again. All this is in one bathroom. Our other full bath (shower/toilet/sink) seems to be operating normally.

I haven't called in a plumber yet, but I did speak to one, who said it's probably the main line, and that chemicals weren't likely to help and they might make it more difficult to fix.

I rent this place, so I need to speak with my landlord before calling in a plumber, but I've only been here a few weeks and this isn't how I'd like to start my landlord/tenant relationship. Is there something I can do? Thanks.

Old 09-24-02, 10:19 AM
meangoat
Visiting Guest
Question my gurgle

Thanks for the tip Plumber2000 but it seems in this case it is merely air bubbles in the tank after each flush. They are coming from the base of the filler tube. Can an adjustment fix this? or is replacement neccessary?

Old 09-24-02, 07:13 PM
bnaughtn
Visiting Guest
Question Toilet Gurgles

I apologize if this is not the correct place for this. Recently, I have a toilet that has just started to gurgle when water is running from other sources, sinks, tubs. It also does not flush very well. When I use a plunger the water will go down, but the flushing problem continues. I just bought the house and did not notice the problem until very recently. I am only here 1 month.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob