What could this mean?

Old 10-07-02, 05:00 PM
Shelby7
Visiting Guest
What could this mean?

I recently put a toilet bowl cleaner thing in the tanks of my toilets, the dye is blue. In one of the toilets, I'm now noticing that the water level in the bowl is lower after I flush than before I flush. After a period of time (long after the water has stopped running) the water level rises, but the blue color is now a rusty brown/red. The other toilets maintain the blue color. Any ideas as to what is going on here? (I first suspected someone using the toilet and not flushing, but that is not the case.)

Old 10-07-02, 05:03 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
This cleaner your using, is it liquid or the cake type.

Old 10-07-02, 05:06 PM
Shelby7
Visiting Guest
It's 2000 flushes (I hope I can use brand names on this site) It consists of two cake like pieces that go into the tank itself.

Old 10-07-02, 05:14 PM
1st thing, do not use these cake type cleaners, these will plug up the flush ring, as for the bowl not reaching it's correct level after each flushing, could be needing a new fliudmater fillvalve.

Old 10-08-02, 04:52 PM
Shelby7
Visiting Guest
Thanks. I've never used them before (first time), but it will be the last time, I promise. The question I have is that is the water coming back up to proper level coming from the water in the drain. If it were coming from the tank I would think it would still be blue. Is this a sign of a problem? The other toilet isn't doing this. I appreciate your advice.

Old 10-08-02, 04:56 PM
The water that fills the bowl comes from the tank, I would think it would come clear after a few flushes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: