Newly installed Rivo Kitchen Faucet that leaks

Old 10-09-02, 08:09 AM
Penelope
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Newly installed Rivo Kitchen Faucet that leaks

My husband installed a new Rivo kitchen faucet which you can pull out. Everything is nice and tight as far as connections are concerned. It came with a black plastic plate to put onto the bottom of the faucet. We then put silicone around the base of that and pushed it down and inserted the faucet and screwed it tight from underneath. We noticed several days later after using the sprayer that water was leaking from the brass tailpiece (only one tail piece with this faucet). It looks like the water may be going down instead of the chamber which hold the sprayer pullout mechanism or it may be leaking from the base of the unit itself where the piece swivels. Is there any remedy to either problems or is it a manufacturer defect?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-02, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Make sure the spray head is tightly attached to the flex hose.

Old 10-09-02, 03:53 PM
Penelope
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Newly Installed Rivo Faucet Leaks

I checked all connections and they are all nice and tight. I performed a couple of experiments and found that when water is run over the deck plate, water runs out from underneath and the brass tailpiece emits the water. It seems that the black plastic gasket that came with the faucet which we put down with a bead of silicone around the edge is not doing the job. I think there may be something faulty with this faucet but I'm not sure. Any other suggestions?

Old 10-09-02, 03:58 PM
I always apply putty on the bottom side of the plate, enough to fill any voids and then take it tight.

Old 10-09-02, 04:11 PM
Penelope
Visiting Guest
Newly Installed Rivo Faucet Leaks

The reason plumber's putty was not put down was that the previous Moen faucet leaked and it had plumbers putty and no gasket. I purchased this new faucet from Home Depot and they told me that if the gasket is used then plumber's putty is not used only the silicone bead around the edge. I don't think there is room for plumbers putty and the gasket. What about the plastic-type white tape used for plumbing. I didn't use that. I also did not put a bead of silicone around the hole that the tailpiece went in. Should I have used the tape and should I have put silicone around the hole?

Old 10-09-02, 05:24 PM
Putty will squeez out and then you clean up the excess, white tape? Teflon Tape you mean?

Tape does nothing.

Never used silicone on a faucet, always have used putty, like I say putty will fill all voids. Don't know any plumbers to put a bead of silicone around the base of the faucet.

Just my view.

Home Depot will tell you anything, even if they don't know. You can bet the ones at The Home Depot Plumbing Dept, are plumber wanna-be's and don't know crap.

20 years in this line of work, never had a problem with a mounted faucet.

Old 10-09-02, 06:14 PM
Penelope
Visiting Guest
Smile Leaky New Revo Faucet

Thanks for your help. I'll let you know what I find out. I wanted to use putty and silicone but wasn't sure which would be the best. We'll give it a try tonight. Thanks, again. I appreciate all your years of expertise.

Old 01-07-08, 11:48 AM
rivo faucet

could you please tell me who makes the rivo faucet. also are you pleases with it. where can you buy this product. thank you carmaleatta