URGENT! Cellular Core PVC vs Regular PVC

Old 10-11-02, 11:09 PM
edbreyer
Visiting Guest
URGENT! Cellular Core PVC vs Regular PVC

HELP! I'm starting my plumbing job this weekend and just picked up my PVC. I went to Menards instead of Home Depot because their 3" PVC was less expensive. However I realized it is lighter and noticed it is labeled as "Bristolite Schd 40 PVC - COEX Cellular core". A quick visit to the Bristol Pipe website (http://www.bristolpipe.com/Product_D...mcore_dwv.html) made me realize that it isn't what I've used in the past.

I'm wondering if most inspectors consider it suitable for DWV work. My town's inspector is off until Tuesday & I can't hold off until then.

Any thoughts or experiences Is this pipe any noisier then standard shedule 40 PVC?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-02, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Don't use it unless it's approved for use under your plumbing code, I don't know what your codes are in that area, but you need to find out, call a local plumber and ask them, they will be more then happy to answer a code question for you, if you can't wait on a inspector.

Old 10-13-02, 07:23 AM
edbreyer
Visiting Guest
Thanks once again Plumber 2000!

Thanks! I bit the bullet - borrowed my friends pick-up truck again - and got the regular PVC from Home Depot. The extra time and money would seem insignificant compared to the possibility of having to rip out the cellelar core stuff and redo it!