Installing Washer Dryer Hookups in Basement

Old 10-17-02, 01:57 PM
Mr. Bulb
Visiting Guest
Installing Washer Dryer Hookups in Basement

Hi,

I just moved into and old small (ok diminutive!) single story house with no washer and dryer hookups. There is a partial basement which given the size of the house is our preferred location. The finished level for the house is about 36 inches above grade, and the basement level is about 36" below grade. We would like to do a gas drier because gas is cheaper here than electricity.

Now for my questions:
1) What size of gas supply pipe do i need?

2) Does the washer waste line need a vent pipe, and if so how far can it travel horizontally?

3) Can the washer waste water be drained into the earth via a french drain or similar if i use biodegradable soap? Will draining it under the house undermine the foundation or cause other problems?
4) What kind of exhaust/intakes are necessary? Are any exhaust systems better than others?

5) I would like to have everything done to current code standards, which codeshould i follow. I'm in the East Bay, Alameda County, CA.

Old 10-17-02, 02:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

The first place that you need to check is with your local Buuilding Inspection Department for local code, permits, and inspections information.
They should be able to answer all of your questions, and you can go from there.
Good Luck!
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: