Installed a New Kitchen Faucet & Getting No Water Flow

Old 10-22-02, 07:17 PM
maryimp
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Installed a New Kitchen Faucet & Getting No Water Flow

I just installed a new two handle faucet with hand-spray unit in my kitchen. I turned on the water, and a trickle came out of the spout and then stopped. The water is flowing as the hand-spray unit is working. What could be stopping the water from coming through the spout. Per the instructions that came with the unit, I removed the screen, and water flow unit from the spout before flowing water. Could I possible have a defective unit? I hope someone can help me!

Old 10-22-02, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Take the areator off the spout and turn the water on, if good flow at this time, then it will be the areator.

Old 10-22-02, 07:32 PM
maryimp
Visiting Guest
New Kitchen Faucet & No Water Flow

Thanks for the quick response! The aerator is off of the faucet. Could there be another reason I'm not getting water through the faucet? Thanks again!

Old 10-22-02, 07:35 PM
Is this a faucet with the sprayer off to the side?

You say the sprayer works.

If so then chances are the diverter is stuck going to the sprayer, if this is a new faucet take it back and replace it.

Old 10-22-02, 07:41 PM
maryimp
Visiting Guest
Yes, it is a unit with the sprayer to the side. I hate have to remove the whole thing again, but I guess I have no choice. Thanks for your help!

Old 10-22-02, 07:45 PM
The thing is, it should have worked without a problem from start and if it is defective, hate to get you to try and fix it, if you was to break something trying to fix it, they would not change it out for you.

Old 10-22-02, 07:52 PM
maryimp
Visiting Guest
New Kitchen Faucet & Getting No Water Flow

I absolutely agree. I will remove the unit, and return it. This was an expensive unit, and I wouldn't think of trying to fix it myself. Again, I thank you for you help and time!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: