Toilet making a pop sound

Old 10-22-02, 09:06 PM
wassup
Visiting Guest
Toilet making a pop sound

After 2 hours of installing a new kit in my main floor bathroom. I flushed the toilet and waited for the water to fill for minutes. Then I flushed again and the toilet made this loud pop sound like there is air or water where it should not be. So I tried some different things and it stopped for two flushes and then I turned the water down on the water valve and it started doing it again. I then turn the water back up and now it won't stop popping when it flushes. Can you help me stop the air popping sound in the pipes.

Frustrated Wassup.....

Old 10-22-02, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What type of fillvalve did you install?

Old 10-23-02, 07:22 AM
wassup
Visiting Guest
The only type you can get at Lowes or wal-mart. The price was $19.95 at wal-mart and $16.95 at Lowes and I can't remember what it was called but I seen it on this forum on another posters recommendation. Fluid??????.

Wassup

Old 10-23-02, 07:42 AM
Fluidmaster 400A

It is a fast closing valve, if you have high water pressure, it can make a thump sound when it shuts off.

Or, could be the washer on the shut off valve is loose, hard to say whithout being there and hearing it myself.

Old 10-23-02, 08:34 AM
wassup
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply. It really does it when you just first flush. My wife read on one of the web sites that their is a tooble shooting area and I just can't find it again. She said their was something like that on one of them that made aload pop. sounds like it can't get water to it fast enough.

Wassup

Old 10-23-02, 08:39 AM
It can happen when it goes from off to on also.

I'd test the pressure on the house and see if you have too much pressure problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: