Hot water

Old 11-01-02, 09:27 PM
Ronirus
Visiting Guest
Hot water

I lost hot hot water to my kicthen sink about 4 days ago,now the hot water in my bathroom barely comes out. THe water heateris not leaking.I drained the water heater and refilled it,btu still no hot water coming from three different places.. The water to my wsaher comes out very slow.Antone with any solutions to my problem?????

Old 11-02-02, 05:49 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No water flow, or is the water just cold? these are 2 entirely different problems, with 2 different solutions. Post back and let us know which is the problem.

Old 11-02-02, 07:57 AM
Ronirus
Visiting Guest
Hot Water

Morni Lefty.It's just the hot water

Old 11-02-02, 08:30 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cool

Assuming that you have an electric water heater, it could be caused by a bad thermostat or element, or dip tube.
You can do a rough check of the elements by turning the water heater breaker OFF at the panel, detaching the two wires to each, and testing for continuity with an ohm meter. No continuity, bad element. (I always replace both, if one is bad.)
You can do a Search above on water heater elements and tstats to find all kinds of posts.
If we can help you further, just come backon this same thread and ask. The more information that you give us, the more we can pinpoint the problem, and suggest solutions.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 11-02-02, 09:02 AM
Ronirus
Visiting Guest
Hot water

Soory I forgot to mention that it is a gas heater,and when I turn on the faucet nothing comes out

Old 11-02-02, 10:26 AM
Answer these Questions?

There is hot water but no pressure to the faucets?

I have no hot water, the water is cold?

I can't tell if your talking about the flow of water of the temperture or the water?

Please Advise

Old 11-02-02, 12:12 PM
Ronirus
Visiting Guest
Hot Water

Let's try this again.The water is getting hot. In the master bedroom,the sink has hot water flow but the shower is at a little more than a fast drip.In the kicthen there is no hot water flow at all.The cold water flow is fine at all locations. I removed the showerhead and there was some small white particles inside and the same when I removed the kicthen.

Old 11-02-02, 03:13 PM
L
Small white particles -- Now we are getting somewhere!

The dip tube inside the water heater has desentigrated. Under the cold nipple of the heater there is (or, in your case, WAS) a plastic tube that took the incoming cold water to the bottom of the tank. First thing you need to do is replace that tube.

The particles have clogged things like the shower head, faucet aerators, and the screen in the washing machine where the hot hose connects to the machine. You'll need to clean each of those things out to restore the water flow.

Repost with any questions and one (or all) of us will help you proceed.

Old 11-02-02, 03:37 PM
Ronirus
Visiting Guest
Hot Water

Thank's for the help guy's. I went to the homedepot wed site and did not find no information on dip tube.Once again I need a little more help

Old 11-02-02, 04:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cool

Do a Search above on dip tubes or water heaters.
Lots of info.
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: