need to replace piping under kitchen sink. help!


Old 11-10-02, 01:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Unhappy need to replace piping under kitchen sink. help!

i'm a first time user on this htingy, and i can't find anyone to help me out and tell me how to replace the leaky pipes under my kitchen sink, our land lady has the wrong piping on the sink and makes it leak plus we are replacing the cabinet under the sink because it's all moldy we need to fix and replace the piping before we can do that though so please help me out.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-02, 03:57 PM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: hawaii
Posts: 299
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you have a single compartment sink then you need a flared tailpiece (long enough to reach the p-trap) a 1 1/2 p-trap, and an extra 1 1/2 slip nut and washer. If you have a double compatment sink you will also need a continuous waste. use some teflon dope to make up all the fittings. If you use plastic parts then tightening them about 1/4 turn past hand tight is sufficient. If you use metal parts then you need to tighten them up pretty tightly. Use a pair of channel lock pliers. If you cannot get the old nuts loose from the strainer/ trap arm then cut them off with a hack saw (be carefull not to damage the threads of the strainer/ trap arm.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: